Update November 30, 2015: this page is no longer actively updated, it is for historical reference only.
While not guaranteed to answer all your VMware questions, this launchpad can get you to some of the most often requested and valuable information resource that I have encountered. I maintain this launchpad as a quick reference for my clients, I hope you find it useful as well.
- VMware Product Documentation Portal
- VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes
- Hardware Compatibility Guide (systems, storage, IO devices…oh my!)
- VMware Technical Papers (VMware and 3rd Party)
- VMware Product Downloads
- vSphere 6.0 Support Center
- Key vSphere 5.x Documents
- Key VMware Communities
3rd Party VMW Resources
- VMware Acronyms
- VMware Network Port List: who talks to what over which port for VMware products.
- vReference Cards: Handy little PDF cheat sheet of information (courtesy of Forbes Guthrie of vReference)
- Mike Laverick’s RTFM Guides for VMware
- Virtualization Industry Radar from Virtualization.info – virtualization vendors and products
(Disclosure: I am currently employed at VMware as a Global Accounts Solutions Consultant)