…or maybe it should be “Say Hello to Your VMware (Portal)”. The new portal for you to interact with (just about) all things VMware.
This past weekend VMware decommissioned a number of customer facing portals and consolidated all that functionality into one portal…My VMware. One place where you can manage your software licenses, open Support Request, manage your Orders/Contracts, and be one click away from a lot of other VMware goodness…
The Launch of My VMware was the culmination of a 2 year long project that involved hundreds of VMware staff. Huge congratulations and thank you’s go out to everyone involved! Double kudo’s go out to the team members who worked so diligently over this weekend to perform the go live migration and testing!!
The My VMware team created a number of information and help sites related to the launch that you should reference for answers to your questions:
- To understand My VMware use the Guided Tour within the portal itself. It should appear the first time you login to My VMware. You can always go back to the Guided Tour by clicking “Learn more about My VMware” link in the upper right hand corner of the portal.
- Check the My VMware FAQ to see if your question is answered there.
- Visit the VMware Knowledge Base and click the “My VMware” option on the left hand side.
I’ve been working with my clients and the My VMware team for a few months now preparing for this launch. During that time I’ve learned a bit about the most common tasks users will perform on this new portal and discovers a few gotchas as well. I’ve written up my experiences in the following set of blog posts that I hope you find valuable.
Please keep in mind that when my clients or I work with the portal, we’re usually dealing with literally hundreds of different licenses, order, contracts, and historic support requests that are spread across multiple divisions and business units of Fortune 100 enterprises. So I may have a different view of the portal than most.
latoga’s Guide to My VMware
- Say Hello to My VMware (Portal)
- My VMware Quick Overview
- My VMware Users and Roles
- My VMware for Most of Us
- My VMware for the Super Us(er)
- Some My VMware Gotchas To Be Aware Of