As we enter into VMworld planning season (and you thought it was summer…), I’ve had a chance to review the Content Catalog and put together a list of recommended sessions:
Note: get registering fast…I’m already hearing of many sessions that are full, especially NSX ones! If a session is full make sure you get on the waitlist (See page 11 of the Schedule Builder Guide) in case someone drops their registration or a new time is added for that same session.
NSX – Micro-segmentation, Planning, and Deploying…Oh My!
- NET5469 – VMWare on VMWare – How VMware IT Uses NSX for Micro-Segmentation, and Large Scale Private Cloud
- NET5529 – The Practical Path to NSX
- NET6465-BC – Advanced Networking Virtualization – VMW NSX Micro-Segmentation Design Best Practice
- SEC4958-SPO – VMWare NSX and Palo Alto Networks VM-Series: Driving Business and Operational value Through Micro-Segmentation
- SEC5414 – Integrating 3rd Party Security Products on NSX Platform
- SEC5754 – Who Can You Trust? Strategies and Designs for Implementing a Zero Trust Model Leveraging NSX
- NET6613-QT – SDN with NSX – One Year On
- NET6604-GD – NSX Day 2 Operations
vRealize Automation – If you’re going to do it once…automate it!
- NET5362 – Enabling Automated Network & Security Services with NSX and vRealize Automation
- NET5772 – A Case Study in the University of New Mexico’s Transition for Legacy Networking to SDN/NSX to Enhance IaaS and SDDCs
OpenStack – Yes, VMware Does OpenStack…fast and production ready!
- SPL-SDC-1620 – OpenStack with VMware vSphere and NSX.
- BTW: the record I’ve seen for fastest VIO deployment was 1.5 days from start (just vSphere 6 installed) to finish (VIO running in a HA, redundant production ready configuration, NSX integrated with VIO, LogInsight processing logs for the entire environment, and VROPs monitoring the entire environment).
- BTW2: It would have ben done in half a day if it wasn’t for the storage network configuration error that VROPS and LogInsight identified…
- SDDC5566 – Successful DevOps for the Hybrid Cloud with vRealize Automation & VMware Integrated OpenStack
- SDDC5839 – vRealize Automation or OpenStack? Uncovering the Right IaaS for Your Business
- This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. A client was struggling with getting another vendor’s OpenStack environment running and operationally stable. When asked if “the business had cloud native apps that leveraged the OpenStack APIs” the answer was “no”. When asked if “the business had plans to build cloud native apps that leveraged the OpenStack APIs” the answer was “not really”. When asked “Why the hell are you wasting your time with OpenStack then?” there was no answer. Tool boxes hold more than just hammers…