Today’s the last day before a week long vacation over Thanksgiving and it’s been a continual mad dash for the finish line. The rain is falling, the wind is howling, and I’m not looking forward to a vacation painting project…what better time than to catch up on a few key virtualization links that I have built up over the past…month! Wow, guess I’ve been busier than I remember. 😉 Some of these might be a bit old news (unless you have been living under a virtual rock lately…like me), but still valuable to raise to your awareness.
Have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday (at least here in the States).
VMware Specific Links
- New Releases over the past Month.5
- The New VMware Website…in case you didn’t notice, it was entirely redesigned and rebranded. More details about Where Did the Boxes Go? and the new holistic and consistent brand
- VMware Fusion 3: all the details on the Team Fusion blog post announcing availability. (Sad to say that I still haven’t build a Win7 VM for my Fusion yet…)
- VMware Workstation 7: again all the details on the Workstation Zealot blog post announcing availability.
- VMware vSphere 4.0 Update 1
- VMware View 4.0: Software based PCoIP!
- VMware View Point: Why PCoIP is Ideal for Remote Virtual Desktops
- View 4 Production Info and a collection of View 4 Videos on YouTube
- Video Demo of the power of View 4 PCoIP from down under (great video despite the jerkiness)
- View 4 product download (as of this writing View 4 was being made available for download on the VMware website…)
- VMware vCenter Capacity IQ 1.0: release notes
- VMware vCenter Chargeback 1.0.1: release notes
- VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat 5.5 U2
- SpringSource Spring Framework 3.0
- VMware Opens Next Generation Green Datacenter: VMware opened a new green IT datacenter in East Wenatchee, Washington. Read about how VMware plans to save $5M per year due to it’s design.
- Operation Virtualization: VMware CTO, Steve Herrod, discusses how virtualization changes the way we should think about operating systems.
- Hyperic + SpringSource + VMware = Goodness: Hyperic’s view of the open-source systems management world
- Access your View virtual desktop on your iPhone with Wyse’s PocketCloud. No word on View4 support…yet.
- HP Announced their Converged Infrastructure Architecture recently, a “a blueprint for chief information officers to create elasticity in their technology environments.” Here’s a video from VMware’s VP of Product Marketing talking about VMware and this new architecture.
- Need a local copy of VMware’s product documentation? Then check out xtravirt’s VMware Documentation Downloader.
- Are you still confused about ESX 4.0 compared to ESXi 4.0? Better start getting straightened out as ESXi is the way of the future…
- xtravirt has a great white paper on Tape Backup Integration with VMware Data Recovery (VDR)
General Virtualization & Cloud Links
- Many have wondered, and now we know…What would 6 Million Virtual Machines Look Like?
- Cloud storage market sees continued growth as Hitatchi Looks to the Cloud for Storage.
- EMC Provides Validated Approach for Customers to Apply Virtualization Technology in Oracle Environments. (First you validate, then you…)
- An interesting look from CIO Magazine Inside One Firm’s Private Cloud Journey
- Which 50% Will You Virtualize? Some interesting thoughts on statements made about Hyper-V R2
- As Microsoft heats up their battle with VMware, I think we’ll all be more Layers and Layers of FUD…
- IBM Acts to Enhance Security of Virtualized Environments.
- Liveblog of Microsoft’s Ray Ozzie talking about Azure and more.
[…] more: latoga labs | Virtualization Round Up 20091120 Plurk This Post MySpace Ping This Post Stumble This […]